I am in school to become a welder right now, and I absolutely love it. There is one other girl in my class and the rest are boys, I think there is about 25 of us. This is just some of the stuff that I think of when I’m in the weld shop.
- Long hair sucks
- If you have a big chest the crop top welding jackets don’t cover anything
- Skinny jeans and boots is a mistake you only make once
- All the gear is made for men (and I am quite small so someone fix this)
- “What are all those spots on your arm?”
- No cute welding gear
- sexism is totally a thing
- I have yet to see as many funny welding merchandise for women as I do for men
- The look of fear on a mans face when you say you are a welder
That one Pro out weighs everything else, because it makes you feel powerful, smart, and all around awesome because it is a demanding job and there are tons of women out there that do it better than anyone they work with and I am so proud of y’all.